Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The infernal one : D

Posted by grabmebymyhandle 6 Kentucky (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 14:55

Exotic angel now carries alocasia infernalis, I found 3 pots each with 2 plants, the plants are nice sized , about 8 inches tall with 6-10 leaves each.

The are nice and black, maybe not as black as some pics ive seen but they could be photoshopped.

I promptly unpotted all 6 and jammed 4 into one 8 inche pot to save space, with better soil, ill be splittin them out into single in the coming months, several had numerous small bulbs, tiny actually.

I read that they are finicky, ive never had trouble with any alocasia, but i wonder if anyone has any experience with them, they certainly are beauties...Ill post a pic when i can find my usb cable...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The infernal one : D

they are picky but not as bad as some of the others. really nice find there you don't see them for sale much and def not around here. keep em HOT and slightly dry and they should do good for you

o
RE: The infernal one : D

Still waiting for that pic... how's it doing?

The WM I keep checking had a basically empty plant section on Monday, and the few "house plants" have nowhere inside to go, so I'll check again in late Feb. There could only be heartache looking while we're getting frosts... an exposed concrete slab surrounded by CL fence can only do so much as a microclimate, especially the way they overwater at that store. Who knows what kind of latent damage could show up after bringing one home? (But I may not be successful squashing the little inner voice that wants to perform "rescues.")

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here