Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantomaniac08

Is this Aglaonema 'Silver Queen' ?

plantomaniac08
11 years ago

I just purchased this today and it's my first Aglaonema. I would like to know if this is Aglaonema 'Silver Queen'? Thanks!

{{gwi:396253}}

Planto

Comments (12)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Looks like it. Is it from EA?

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hiya Purple!
    Yes, it's one of EA's plants.

Planto

11 years ago

I thought that looked like one of their tags, but I've only ever glanced at the vague stuff on the back. Unless you suspect them of being mistaken or inaccurate. Their 3 varieties are distinctly different. Yours looks just like the SQ in their pic, IMO. Hope the store near me with EA plants gets some soon.

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Purple,
    Thanks for the ID. I saw a more green variety yesterday and a reddish colored one. Both of which were too big for my lack of room and $15 and $10 respectively. This one was only $5, I can afford that hehe. I'he never seen AGs here in small pots before so it was a good find.

Planto

11 years ago

Hey I saw EA's red one at a WM I don't usually visit yesterday. It was $15 so I passed it by too, maybe after Christmas. I would have snatched the pretty white one from your pic but didn't see it.

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Purple,
    I saw the pink one too at Lowes (that was the $10 one). They're very pretty but too large for me (no room). Not bad for $10 though, I counted three plants and five "babies." Mine only has two plants in it and it was $5. Maybe one day when we have a house I can get a pink one. :)

Planto

11 years ago

Sounds like a very good deal for such a beautiful plant that size. I hope you get that house - all the plants you want!! (That actually fit inside for winter - oops!)

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Purple. :) I found another AG the other day... Lowes had those $15 AGs I mentioned on sale for $7.50. It's the one EA has on their website landless 'Maria' I'll post a photo soon. :)

I stumbled across you blog (I forget how, I think I was looking for a plant photo) the other day, I've seen many photos of your plants but I think that was the first time I saw the outside of your house with all the plants in one shot. Very nice!!

Planto

11 years ago

Thanks! What a nice thing to say. That's a good deal, and those red Ag's are as festive as a Poinsettia, IMHO, and probably easier to keep. Wish there was a L's closer to us. But then I'd just get in more plant trouble...

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I agree, I'd rather have an AG than a Poinsettia any day. Where do you find most of your plants without a Lowes nearby?

I get into a lot of trouble myself. we have three Lowes, a nursery, and two Home Depots (not that HD really ever has anything here that isn't dead or dying...). I'm trying really hard to not look anymore, I've honestly run out of room. :\

Here's the AG I got the other day for $7.50. There's two in the pot but it's a little hard to tell:

Planto

11 years ago

That's a good lookin' plant!!

Haunting WM about once a week is the only option where I am. There is a small mom'n'pop garden center but they don't do many house plants, and those need to be snatched first thing in the spring or they will be gone.

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Purple,
    Thanks! I'm sorry to hear you don't have more of a selection to look at (although, I still think you have quite the collection). We rarely have anything interesting at WMs here, seems that Stush's WM is the one to go to, with all those unique snake plants he keeps finding, hehe!

Planto

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County