Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this Aglaonema 'Silver Queen' ?

Posted by plantomaniac08 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 16:08

I just purchased this today and it's my first Aglaonema. I would like to know if this is Aglaonema 'Silver Queen'? Thanks!

Aglaonema 'Chinese Evergreen'

Planto

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this Aglaonema 'Silver Queen' ?

Looks like it. Is it from EA?

o

Hiya Purple!
Yes, it's one of EA's plants.

Planto

o

I thought that looked like one of their tags, but I've only ever glanced at the vague stuff on the back. Unless you suspect them of being mistaken or inaccurate. Their 3 varieties are distinctly different. Yours looks just like the SQ in their pic, IMO. Hope the store near me with EA plants gets some soon.

o

Purple,
Thanks for the ID. I saw a more green variety yesterday and a reddish colored one. Both of which were too big for my lack of room and $15 and $10 respectively. This one was only $5, I can afford that hehe. I'he never seen AGs here in small pots before so it was a good find.

Planto

o

Hey I saw EA's red one at a WM I don't usually visit yesterday. It was $15 so I passed it by too, maybe after Christmas. I would have snatched the pretty white one from your pic but didn't see it.

o

Purple,
I saw the pink one too at Lowes (that was the $10 one). They're very pretty but too large for me (no room). Not bad for $10 though, I counted three plants and five "babies." Mine only has two plants in it and it was $5. Maybe one day when we have a house I can get a pink one. :)

Planto

o

Sounds like a very good deal for such a beautiful plant that size. I hope you get that house - all the plants you want!! (That actually fit inside for winter - oops!)

o

Thanks Purple. :) I found another AG the other day... Lowes had those $15 AGs I mentioned on sale for $7.50. It's the one EA has on their website landless 'Maria' I'll post a photo soon. :)

I stumbled across you blog (I forget how, I think I was looking for a plant photo) the other day, I've seen many photos of your plants but I think that was the first time I saw the outside of your house with all the plants in one shot. Very nice!!

Planto

o

Thanks! What a nice thing to say. That's a good deal, and those red Ag's are as festive as a Poinsettia, IMHO, and probably easier to keep. Wish there was a L's closer to us. But then I'd just get in more plant trouble...

o

I agree, I'd rather have an AG than a Poinsettia any day. Where do you find most of your plants without a Lowes nearby?

I get into a lot of trouble myself. we have three Lowes, a nursery, and two Home Depots (not that HD really ever has anything here that isn't dead or dying...). I'm trying really hard to not look anymore, I've honestly run out of room. :\

Here's the AG I got the other day for $7.50. There's two in the pot but it's a little hard to tell:

Planto

o

That's a good lookin' plant!!

Haunting WM about once a week is the only option where I am. There is a small mom'n'pop garden center but they don't do many house plants, and those need to be snatched first thing in the spring or they will be gone.

o

Purple,
Thanks! I'm sorry to hear you don't have more of a selection to look at (although, I still think you have quite the collection). We rarely have anything interesting at WMs here, seems that Stush's WM is the one to go to, with all those unique snake plants he keeps finding, hehe!

Planto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here