Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting aroid

Posted by tropicbreezent (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 21:01

Found an interesting Aroid. Seems to grow in all sorts of odd places. Was only just coming out so no flowers yet.

gw g 12 38

gw g 12 39

gw g 12 45

gw g 12 46

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting aroid

That's a beautiful plant! Love the whole area, the rocks, moss, ferns. Is this on your property? I thought Australia was much more flat and dry. A lot of the most beautiful pics of your country I've seen, besides the beach, are yours. Awesome!

o

yea ill check, and likely droop over any pics you post tropic... I cant get enough of em...

It reminds me of Alocasia lowii I certainly wouldnt bet on it but its atleast somewhat close, a good lookin plant either way

o

It's a Remusatia vivipara. I checked its natural distribution and came up with an amazing range.

* Tanzania
* Ethiopia
* Socotra
* Zambia
* Guinea
* Ivory Coast
* Nigeria
* Sierra Leone
* Cameroon
* Central African Republic
* Zaire
* Madagascar
* Oman
* Yemen
* China South-Central
* Tibet
* Taiwan
* Bangladesh
* East Himalaya
* India
* Nepal
* Sri Lanka
* Laos
* Myanmar
* Thailand
* Vietnam
* Jawa
* Northern Territory
* Queensland

On my property? I wish! Unfortunately I don't have any formations like that, but I'm working towards it. It takes time. The other bloke who did it all only took 7 days, and one of those was a rest day. I'm a bit slower, LOL.

On average over the whole land area Australia is the lowest continent. We do have some very flat areas, the largest,flatest on the planet being the Nullabor Plain. We also have the second largest continuous area of rainforest in the world, after the Amazon. Although, at the rate the Amazon is being cut out we might end up with the largest. Being placed so close to the equator we only have snow in the highest mountains in the south east corner, and only in winter. Summer all the snow is gone even from the peaks. So we do have quite a variety.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here