Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone know the official name for this Red Calla Lilly?

Posted by Alicia_Acconcio HI (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 22:03

I noticed this Red Calla Lilly http://patrick-mcnally.aminus3.com/image/2012-11-01.html. I've seen the white ones before, but first time I've seen a red one.

Anyone know the official name for this Red Calla Lilly so I can try to find this plant? And any idea if these would be easy to grow in a dry hot climate like we have on Molokai? Thanks.

Alicia Acconcio Molokai

This post was edited by Alicia_Acconcio on Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 17:50

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone know the official name for this Red Calla Lilly?

try this. Is this the plant?

o

Purpleinopp, Yes that is it, and I fixed the typo in my link too. Thanks for taking the trouble to sort that out. I'm interested in what you think. Alicia Acconcio, Hawaii

o

Um, I think it's pretty. If I knew anything about your beautiful flower's name I would have shared already. I think they come in pink and yellow too. Enjoy it well ;)

o

Hi Alicia, It's very difficult to identify Callas since there are so many hybrids being sold. I'd suggest visiting the Lakeside Callas and Pacific Callas websites to see what they have, as several are similar to the photo.

Callas, being from southern Africa, like it sunny and in general may go dormant if it is too dry. Yours looks like a rehmannii hybrid so should do well in part shade as well as full sun. A heavy topping of compost will help keep the corm moist and cool.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here