Return to the Asian Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
picture of my mango seed

Posted by sanketi ga (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 07 at 14:08

I tried to germinate and grow a mango from seed ..taking directions from this forum i seem to have germinated it sucessfully..my concern..i put the seed in the pot on march 26th horizontally with just a bit of the rounded edge peeking out. nothing happened for a month now..so i dug it out to see...it has grown roots on one side and i am hoping it is the stem on the other...my question is ..do i plant it vertically now so i can see the stem..?

also when do you all think i can see some leaves on it..?

here are some pics http://picasaweb.google.com/sanketi07/Mango

i am not able to hyperlink it...please copy and paste to see the pics..sorry new at all this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: picture of my mango seed

I don't think you need to reposition the seed. The stem should find its way to the surface without repositioning.

But looking at the photos, I think you could successfully reposition the seed to a vertical alignment. Leave the seed about half to 2/3rds buried with the roots on the bottom.

So any idea what type of mango it is?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here