Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrao77

Source for a Kaffir lime tree?

mrao77
17 years ago

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a local source for a Kaffir lime tree/plant in the Dallas area. I cannot afford to pay the atrociuos shipping charges and the minimum order needed by some of the online companies.

Anyone has a tree and can share? I would be happy ot trade or send postage. Plmk

Thanks,

M

Comments (11)

• pitimpinai
    17 years ago

Maybe check out a Thai grocery store in your area. They usally have them in small pots early spring.

• ntt_hou
    17 years ago

Just as long as you don't get confuse with the Kumquats. If you're in Dallas, perhaps you should drive down here to Houston. There's an asian nursery in the NW part of town calls JRN Nursery. She has Kaffir lime tree. I purchased one from her last year and it's now bearing fruits :)

JRN Nursery is on Breen Rd. (SH 249 & Antoine). Link is below. Here's a quick way to get there. Traveling down from I-45, take the Beltway 8 exit and go West. On Antoine, turn left and go all the way toward SH 249. On SH 249, turn left and keep the right lane to Breen. Turn right on Breen and the nursery is on your left.

If you come, I advise that you should only bring as much money as you intend to spend. Otherwise, all will be gone. I'm serious, this place looks small on the outside, until you go in... way in... and... can't find your way out. She carries Orchids and Bonsai too.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.jrnnursery.com/

• ntt_hou
    17 years ago

If the fruit do well and if it has seeds, I can send you some and see if you can grow them.

Early this year, I was able to grow some Kumquats from the seeds of plants that I have.

You'd have to e-mail me and remind me though. I'm getting old and tend to forget. I don't know when the fruits will be ready though. Check back with me at the end of the year? I'll save the seeds, regardless. If I hear from you, I'll send you some.

Natalie

• noss
    13 years ago

Hello,

I clicked on the link to the JRN Nursery and it wasn't the nursery that I could see.

Thanks,

noss

• ckap
    13 years ago

I am in houston and also looking for the kaffir lime tree.Any ideas.

• Marie Tran
    13 years ago

There is another nursary also on Breen Road own my Thai person. I had his name and phone number at home.
    He sold many Kaffir lime tree for cheaper. If you still need info, reply to this forum and I try get it to you next posting message.

• ckap
    13 years ago

Yes I am still looking for Kaffir lime tree in houston,any ideas.

• Jsmith1776
    12 years ago

There are two JRN Nursery. There is one on the Southwest side of town. They offer pretty much the same thing at both nursery. I went to JRN Nursery 2 before I found the original on the north side of town.

I get my pandanus amaryllifolius there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is the new link to the site mention above.

• JIMMY_SAYAVONG
    10 years ago

I got my at Doan nursery in Irving at Beltline st , that was where I got mine about 8 yrs ago. It is big now an I have to prune them every year so that I can put inside my patio during the winter. See photo attached. However , it does not produce any fruit , but since I only use leaf for oriental cooking therefore I don't really care.

Jimmy

• farm96744
    10 years ago

Jimmy, that is a really beautiful tree; awesome prune job/s; and the compactness and branching structure of the tree; and especially for a region 7? wow.

would love to learn more if you have any potting/planting tips or pruning tips to share.

could only hope to have my trees looking like that!

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County