Return to the Asian Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to grow arbi or chamadumpa

Posted by usha_gardener 5b (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 12:29

I bought some chamadumpa (arbi). SInce they were left in a pantry they started to grow roots. Can someone tell me how to grow them. Is the procedure similar to growing potatoes or is it different?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to grow arbi or chamadumpa

• Posted by izhar Karachi, Pakistan/ 1 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 11, 10 at 1:23

Just plant them in pot or in ground with some organic matter tilled in... they require high level of moisture and frequent watering if in full sun... partial shade works best for them... in the pots they require a general purpose liquid fertilizer every second to third week, less frequent if in ground, dig them out before the first frost and after drying them out for three to four days, store them in dry peat or similar dry material...

Izhar

o
RE: How to grow arbi or chamadumpa

I planted some store bought chamadumpalu and they are not coming up. Probably I made the mistake of cutting each dumpa into 2 pieces, like I used to do for potato. Can some one confirm that chamadumpalu are NOT supposed to be cut for planting purposes? Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here