Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_kay_gw

Curry leaf plant in distress

a-kay
13 years ago

I have had this curry leaf plant for about 6+ months now and it was very healthy till a week back. The leaves started to droop and I tried moving it to a spot where the sunlight was more abundant. Today, I found the plant to be in lot of distress and see some brown spots (both on the leaves and the stem) - not sure if that is normal. I have posted a picture of the plant in the link - please let me know, if the curry leaf plants are resilient enough to get better from this or what can I do to nurse it back to health. Really appreciate your response.

Here is a link that might be useful: Curry leaf plant

Comments (5)

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

I dont want start with a negative response but your plant looks on last stages... however you can take following steps as last resort:

Dig it out and wash the root system carefully and plant it in any medium which retains moisture but not becomes soggy (seed starting mediums work best), water it thoroughly..

Cover the whole pot with a transparent plastic bag, ensuring that it doesn't touches the plant

Place it where it in shade for 3-5 day then move to a location where it will receive direct sun for at least three hours daily

Dont water it when in the plastic bag, remove the plastic bag if the condition gets better..

Hope this helps..

Izhar

• maninair
    13 years ago

I have seen the photo and sorry to say that the plant is in very bad condition. I suggest you to remove the plant carefully, see that roots are not disturbed and plant it in a red soil mixed with some cow dung and keep it in a shaded spot in your garden. Initially put less water. Hope it will revive. All the best.

Mani.

• nutcr0cker
    13 years ago

if you have noting to lose try the hydrogen peroxide method a bery dilute solution of h2o2 apply to the roots it might help it. you definitely need to replant it in a better less alkaline soil

• shah_gardener
    13 years ago

First I observe you have mentioned zone 10-11, it is high & dry. You have to check the pH of the soil.Mix Vegetable Compost.

It also appears that your soil lacks Iron.
    Suggest place rust old nails 3 inches deep in the soil,
    1/2 feet away from the plant. It should work. Try it.
    Keep me informed Thanks
    Shah

• maralyn45
    13 years ago

Your plant is in very bad condition..kindly reduce its water intensity..