Return to the Asian Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed

Posted by evelynguo IN (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 10, 09 at 19:57

Hi!
I really appreciated your help. I bought my house 6 years ago. The soil is clay type. I planted tomatoes, cucumber, beans, and peppers. It was fine for the first several years. Start from 3 year before, the plant grow really slow, and the edge of leaf turn yellow. The bigger plant is ok. However, if I just put the plant in when it is really small, most of them are died. I put manual, pet moss, top soil and balanced fertilizer in. I also put miracle grow in. It seems don't work.

This year, the same things happened. My plants are dying. Please help. Please let me know how I can check my soil and determine what's wrong.

Thank you so much!!

Evelyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed

have you thought about testing your soil? the local county extension offices administer soil tests for a small fee (mine here in nj charged me $15). if manure, peat moss and fertilizer do not work, it sounds like something might be really wrong with your soil. only a soil test will tell you. once you get the results, you can go look on the soil forum here on gardenweb to find out how to fix whatever the problem is. hope this helps.

i had heavy clay soil here in nj, and got a soil test done. nothing was too bad, it just needed a lot of compost mixed in to lighten the soil. all my vegetables are doing very well. it sounds like you are doing the same thing and your plants are dying, so it's probably somethign else that's causing it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here