Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
puchinita5

completely yellow lucky bamboo stalk

Puchinita5
9 years ago

Hi everyone.

A friend of mine is going out of town for a month and asked me to watch her lucky bamboo.

When I received her lucky bamboo, it was two bamboo in a large glass container, water halfway covering the roots. One bamboo looks alright and green, but the other is COMPLETELY yellow. It's about a 4 foot bamboo with about 2 inches of green stalk. So pretty much completely yellow.

I haven't ever done much research on lucky bamboo since my own lucky bamboo have always done really well, but from the limited reading i have done, I am under the impression that yellow is BAD and you should cut away all yellow parts of a lucky bamboo.

But since this isn't my own bamboo, I don't want to do anything to it other than care for it. Nothing cosmetic, so to speak. I'm wondering if I should maybe have the two bamboo in separate containers, making sure the roots are completely covered in water? Or is it okay that they share a large container with sufficient water?

I feel like the yellow one is just gone for good, but I would like to keep it in as best shape as possible since again, it's not my plant!

Is there anything that could be done to reverse the yellow?

Comments (3)