Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jwthought81

Moringa

jwthought81
11 years ago

Hi,

Wanted to post a few pics of my moringa seedlings. I started their germination process about 2 weeks ago with 100% germination rate.

After about 2 days...

{{gwi:382110}}From Mini-Orchard

Then 3 days later..

{{gwi:382112}}From Mini-Orchard

Now a few specimens 1 week old..

{{gwi:382114}}From Mini-Orchard

Does this one look leggy? If so, when/where should I pinch it?

{{gwi:382116}}From Mini-Orchard

Comments (7)

• sups
    11 years ago

congrats...keep us updated.

• yukkuri_kame
    11 years ago

How old are the seeds and what method did you use to germinate?

Moringa always looks leggy.

I'd give it more time, but I'm not an expert.

Also, consider moringa likes to put down a deep taproot (imagine as deep as the plant is tall). They will want deeper pots soon.

• prsb
    11 years ago

wow thats awesome. I got some seeds from a friend and they still haven't sprouted after 3 weeks in a small pot. She said it would takes weeks..about a month.

Pls post your sprouting method in detail.

Pebbles.

• prsb
    11 years ago

deleted duplicate

This post was edited by pebble09 on Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 22:53

• soaht
    11 years ago

To germinate the seeds, I just sow them directly into the potting mix in their container and they usually pop out with in a week or so but can take as long as 3 weeks to a month. Or what i have also been told was to soak the seeds in water over night then place it in a damp not wet towel inside a plastic bag on top of somewhere warm like the top of a fridge. Then after about a week check on them if they have started to sprout and transplant them into their container. But I have tried this method in the past and they usually just rot after germinating for a few day after transplanting them. so sowing directly into the container is best for me. I'm currently growing the new superior variety(pkm1) that has just been release by the University of India. I have a question regarding this type if anyone else is growing it. I planted only two seed in a cup and those two was about 1 week old when the tops started to welt and die and only a green stem remain. But after about a few days 2 new sucker plant started to pop up. My question is, are moringa polyembryonic(having more than 1 sprout from one seed like oranges) or is it a sucker? Also is this common in the regular moringa oleifera, I have grown the regular moringa before and when they died at a young age, that was it. If anyone have similar experience like this I would like to know too.

• remy101
    10 years ago

Hello
    Please let me know these are curry leaf plant seeds? Would u like to trade pepper, mint rosemary or rose seeds
    Thank you

• soaht
    10 years ago

remy101,
    What they are talking about is moringa oleifera seeds, not Murraya Koenigii(curry leaf). If you were in So Cal, a guy posted, that he has many small plants. But I don't think he will ship and is only for local pick up. Check the link below

Here is a link that might be useful: curry leaf plant

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?