|I have some Daikon seedlings growing and would like to plant them in my garden. I live in CT.
Any advice on growing daikon in the US?
My other Japanese veggies are working out really well.
From what I gather, daikon is probably best directly seeded, rather than transplanting. If they are started in containers of whatever sort, the roots tend to turn into a tangled mess of many roots, rather than one nice long, fat, juicy taproot. I would suggest transplanting them sooner rather than later.
Return to the Asian Gardening Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.