Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Japanese vegetable seeds

Posted by sakura2006 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 6, 08 at 22:43

I'd like to know where can I buy best Japanese vegetable seeds?
I know Sakata seed company in Japan but I live in U.S.A and Sakata seed company doesn't send seed to people who live in America.
I only interested to buy seed from Japan.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Japanese vegetable seeds

If you are willing to acept Japanese varieties which have been grown in the U.S. then try http://www.kitazawaseed.com/index.html
or try http://www.evergreenseeds.com
They are not produced in Japan, but I didn't find most of what they offer anywhere else.

o

Sakata Seed is a big wholesale company now, I think. And the two companies above are likely to get seed from them, and from other wholesale sources. I don't believe all the seed the companies above sell is grown in the U.S.

I have been happy with the service from Evergreen Seeds. Try the Extra Summer Sweet melon.

o

I will second the recommendation for Kitazawa, they carry good seed & are expanding their selection.

Baker Creek Heirloom Seed carries quite a large selection of Asian vegetables as well, including several Japanese squash.

If you are searching for edamame soybeans, I have quite a few Japanese cultivars (including "Tengamine" and "Sapporo Midori" from Sakata). Additionally, I have seed for cucumbers, bitter melon, and peppers from Japan. Contact me through my Member Page if interested.

o

I am sorry for not thanking earlier for taking your time to reply everybody.
Yes, Kitazawa, Evergreen, and Baker Greek Heirloom are good companies.
What is your opinion on Burpee seeds company in Pennsylvania?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here