Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I cut the top off my Indian curry plant?

Posted by gardener972 7b-8a DFW (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 11, 11 at 3:08

It's tall, about 3 feet, and only has leaves at the top and no branches so it looks rather spindley. It does have 3 babies growing at the base. Should I transplant them or leave them? The whole thing need to be put in a larger pot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I cut the top off my Indian curry plant?

No. Never cut the top off. You will get get seeds soon. Flowers will come soon.
So varieties don't get branch and they just grow tall.
If you cut it, it will kill the plant growth and may kill the plant.

You can use seed to grow more plants or share with friends.

yes...please transplant them in new pot. Don't leave them with mother plant.

i am looking for curry leaf plant or seeds. I can send you SASE. Please send me a baby plant. Please email : myids10@gmail.com
thanks

o

You can pinch off the growing tip to make the plant branch out.

o

During late spring/early summer period light pruning of the top part of the plant will produce side shoots and encourage leaf growth. Also remove flowers as and when they appear to promote better leaf growth.

o

Removing topmost tender shoot during summer will make plant to branch out.Keep the plant out side during summer.This plant loves moisture and heat.It loves 10-10-10 liquid fertilizer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here