Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yama_gw

looking for oriental veg source

yama
17 years ago

Hi all

I am looking for website or address of oriental veg seed company. If you know any, Please inform me.

Thank you. yama

Comments (13)

• Violet_Z6
    17 years ago

yama,

Please read the FAQ for this form. It directly responds to your question and tells you how to find the answers in this forum.

• jimster
    17 years ago

My favorite is Evergreen Seeds. Link below.

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: Evergreen Seeds

• cyumickey
    17 years ago

How long did it take to get your order from Evergreen?

• digit
    17 years ago

Cyumickey, I thought it was ironic that Evergreen sent me an email claiming to have shipped my order about 24 hours after receiving it. Then, it took over 3 weeks to get to my house.

I've only ordered a couple of times from Evergreen and hope that we are pleased this year - got quite a few different eggplant varieties from them.

Kitizawa seems to run a "tighter ship" but their one-size-fits-all sales approach isn't very customer friendly. A packet is a packet is a packet - even if they make no commitment as to how many seeds it contains. And, bulk orders are for 1/4 pound or more.

I sometimes mess up on simple math but 1/4 pound of carrot seed looks to me as tho' it would plant about 2,500 feet of row. And that much lettuce seed could plant up to 1/2 acre! I've never planted that much of any thing since my farming days and just took a look at Stokes to see what their seeding rates are.

Stokes has a few things Asian. And, I order quite a lot from Johnny's every year but Evergreen and Kitazawa have much larger selections for Asian veggies. I had intended to get something from AgroHaitai this season but didn't. It would have been a 1st time for me and maybe I should have started there.

Just keeping my fingers crossed. The good thing is that I haven't ever been seriously disappointed by any of these outfits.

Steve

• cyumickey
    17 years ago

I ask because I placed an order Sunday, and haven't received any e-mails other than the confirmation yet. I was hoping that they would ship quickly, as Anaheim is less than 30 min from my location...

we shall see! thanks...

• chaman
    17 years ago

www.seedsofindia.com has good inventory of seeds.

• zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin
    17 years ago

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, while not strictly an Asian seed company, has quite a good selection... in some cases, better than the Asian seed companies. They offer Oriental yardlong beans, cucumbers, an _outstanding_ selection of eggplant, greens, Asian melons, gourds, peppers, radish, and squash. Their service is good, and they have an informative planting guide on their website.

• cyumickey
    16 years ago

received my e-mail yesterday from evergreen stating that my order had shipped! I'd think they'd be here by tomorrow...

• beebonnet
    16 years ago

New Dimension Seed Co. is a wonderful Asian Seed Co. They have a great site, but you will have to Google it as GW won't let me put up the link.

• digit
    16 years ago

I noticed that BeeBonnet. I've only purchased a few things from New Dimension at the local garden center and that's turned out okay. Only in few states can you buy their seed off the rack but they're on the net.

Picked up some kohlrabi and some Spring Queen Chinese Cabbage seed from them this year.

Steve

• beebonnet
    16 years ago

I just transplanted some beautiful baby bok choy from New Dimension seed co. 100% germination in cups. Now I will try some outdoors in a bed. They include some good looking recipes on the backs of their packages. Yum
    Beebonnet

• jwr6404
    16 years ago

I live in University Place,(near Tacoma) Washington. My wife is Korean and we get her vegetable seeds and plants in the local oriental markets. If you live near any oriental markets I'm sure you can get all the seeds you want. We have in our area Korean,Japanese,Thai,and Vietnamese markets and they all have something different in the way of seeds and/or plants.

Jim

• Violet_Z6
    16 years ago

It does depend on where you live. Not all ethnic groceries carry seeds...

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA