Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Korean Watermelon Boksubak

Posted by georgew79 Z5 MO (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 08 at 12:52

Hi all, I have been trying to find a small amount of Korean Watermelon seeds, it seems from what I have been told that buying them is very expencive in Korea. So I'm hoping to find someone that might have a few of them. The types I'm looking for, are Gajo Boksubak, Shindungtewha, Seokwang, Deoksan Honey watermelon and Ukdewha. Any seeds of these would be great if you have two or three seeds of them.
I will pay for the postage both ways, I have a few rare Okra species from East, North Africa and Turkey they are a mixed bunch of seeds all are very nice although some are a bit spiney they have various colors also red, purple, pink, and green. I have some very nice Heirloom winter squash seeds, and some very hot wild bird eye pepper seeds from Peru along with some very nice Hardy Perennial Pink and White Hibiscus that dies back to the grow and comes back in the spring each year it gets bigger and better with very large flowers. Thank you and have a great season.
George W. Z5-6 Mo.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Korean Watermelon Boksubak

george
Check www.evergreenseeds.com
I will check the local Korean markets to see what they have in the way of watermelon seeds.
Jim

o

Hankook Supermarket in Sunnyvale, CA, a suburb of San Jose, was selling Korean vegetable seed, including watermelon seed, a couple of months ago.

o

Hi All I have found all the Korean watermelons that I was looking for they are all very rare and very hard to find.
Most Come from the USDA and some others I got from some Korean people that were kind enough to get me the seeds I was looking for. To them I am very gratefull for their Kind efforts. I have several watermelons that are growing now in cups and will transplant them pretty soon.
George W. Z5-6 MO.

o

George,

How did your watermelons turn out?

Dean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here