Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Malunggay Seeds, Saluyot Seeds, Sigarilyas or Winged Bean

Posted by cherry71 none (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 16:10

I am looking for Malunggay Seeds, Saluyot Seeds, Upo (botttle gourd), Sigarilyas or Winged Bean seeds. If you have some, please, please, please send me. I have seeds to trade. Mostly came from Park Seeds. I am fixing to edit my list to trade. Thank you. Just e-mail me or send me an e-mail through GardenWeb. Thank you!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Malunggay Seeds, Saluyot Seeds, Sigarilyas or Winged Bean

Well, since no one has answered yet...

While I grow all of these, I do not have seed to trade. They require a much longer season to ripen seed than I have in my Northern location, so I need to order seed commercially. I nearly got seed once for Saluyot (Corchorus olitorius, a.k.a. Egyptian Spinach), so I keep trying. Malungay (a.k.a. "Moringa", Moringa oleifera) requires tropical climate to flower & set seed. I traded for some once, but that seed had very poor germination.

Don't know if you wanted commercial sources, but I'll list a few.

The non-profit organization ECHO has seed for Malunggay, as well as Winged Bean. I've had very good germination from their seed, and they ship quickly. They also have Alugbati and Rice Bean.

Kitazawa Seed Co. carries Winged Bean also, as well as Saluyot, Upo, and quite a few kinds of Sitaw.

Sorry I didn't have the seeds you are looking for, I hope this helps. I do grow seed for Apalaya and Sitaw, as well as a thorny Filipino eggplant and Yellow Mungo.

o

i got Malunggay Seeds for exchange...email me pls myids10@gmail.com

o

I have some Winged bean seeds. Email me to set something up.

o

I would like to have a malungay seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here