Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you started your Indian vegetable garden this Spring?

Posted by ladybug_la 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 23, 11 at 16:12

I just started some seeds for ridge gourd, beans, bottle gourd & okra. I had planted ridge gourd & bitter gourd last year, and the ridge gourd produced well into December.

What have you started / planted already?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you started your Indian vegetable garden this Spring?

Hello,

Please send me some ridge gourd and bottle gourd seeds.
what other seed you got to share..i can share many seeds.
please email : myids10@gmail.com

thanks

o
RE: Have you started your Indian vegetable garden this Spring?

I have tinda, lemon grass, several varieties of Indian eggplants, gongura and bitter gourd started. I am anxious to see how the tinda comes out. I have raised gongura before which is called Jamaica in Mexico and the calyx makes a great cranberry-tasting sauce or juice. I also have a small curry tree I bought last summer from Logee's. It was 5 inches tall when I bought it and now it is almost 2 feet tall and the tip has started growing again now that our days are getting longer. I am not Indian but I am really interested in growing Indian vegetables as I love Indian, Bengali and other South Asian cuisines. I also sell at a local farmers market and hope to be able to cater to some of our South Asian community here. I am also trying wax gourd this year too. I have grown the bitter gourd/melon before and I enjoy the taste.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here