Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dannyd47

Pandan Plant

dannyd47
17 years ago

G'day I've posted this in the Aussie exhange forum but this is probably a more suitable spot.

My mums beloved pandan plant came to a canine induced end years ago and I know mum has mourned it since. I was thinking for her bday next week I'd try and get her a new one.

I've looked at a few nurseries and all over the internet and I am having no luck in finding one.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? In Sydney/Central Coast or nearish to would be preferable. Would be very much appreciated as the bday is coming up and I'm short of time to search more extensively.

Regards,

Daniel

Comments (3)

• solanum1
    17 years ago

Have you tried grocery shops and Asian markets in Chinatown? They often sell plants, either bare-rooted or in pots. You could also check herbalists there as sometimes they sell plants.

• dannyd47
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I walked extensively through China town today. I managed to find some leaves in Paddys markets but she couldn't tell me where to find a plant. I asked at another place that was selling pot plants, and whilst she was sure there are places around Sydney that grow them, she couldn't tell me where either.

Alot of walking later I ended up at the Newtown Conservatory where the guy insisted they can't grow them in Sydney because the cold kills them.

Total mystery. Anyway, I got some leaves and my search for a plant continues.

• solanum1
    17 years ago

Send me a message through "My Page" and I'll give you a few links. I don't want to disturb the official and non-official Gardenweb cops...

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville