Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sichuan peppercorn

Posted by naturelle Toronto 6b CAN (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 3, 08 at 12:52

I did a search for sichuan peppercorns on this forum and see many different alternative names. Pepperol does not show as one of the alternative names.

I'm looking to buy it and at the chinese market, all that I see that looks similar to what I believe it would look like, is something called pepperol.

Is this the right item, or do I have to look further?

Thanks for the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sichuan peppercorn

Are you looking for seeds to grow them, or for the spice? If you're referring just to the spice, look for the area in the market where five spice powder is and you should find it there. If you are really die-hard about getting it, write down the Chinese characters for it (花椒-- literally "flower pepper") and ask the propietor where they are. This works-- I've had to learn the Hindi/Tamil names for several Indian spices in order to find them.

Good luck!

o
RE: sichuan peppercorn

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for the spice. I shop at a very large Oriental market which is located in a Chinese mall and looked for it in the spice area, but all I see there are these packages labelled "pepperol". The contents look like sichuan peppers that I've seen on TV. I'll cut out the Chinese characters you've provided and take it with me and show it to the staff. That should have a good result.

Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here