Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fertilizer for indian vegetables

Posted by sri16 none (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 18:07

What is a good organic fertilizer for thotakura,bittergourd and beerakaya? I sometimes use cow manure but would like to know if there are other organic fertilizers?
Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fertilizer for indian vegetables

yes...cow or goat manure or chicken manure is best.

u can use fish organic fertilizer..it is expensive to buy.

please share some bittergourd seeds.... email me pls myids10@gmail.com

o

What about rabbit manure? Here the local rabbit enthusiasts would love for people to take the stuff. It is suggested that one contact a local organization and ask if anyone would like manure removed. Of course, this might be fresh manure that would have to age before it could be used.

o

pls buy a compost bin from menards or some shop and start putting all food waste and other non-plastic items inside.
Even u can put new paper....it will turn nice compost in months....i am doing this for many years now...
i put all fish waste and egg shells...everything from kitchen to this compost.

chicken manure is very hot..so please put far from plant or use less quantity.
Llama manure is very good..

please go to local county recycle center..they sell excellent compost for 25$ 1ton...i am going to buy couple of ton to fill my new raise beds....u can find some local landscape or dump truck people to load it free from compost yard and pay for compost and dump it in ur yard for 30$ or 40$ a trip...they can haul 3-4 tons same time in the dump truck..this is tested compost...this is enough for all leaf veg, tomato and other less intensive plants....

Fish Emulsion is best...u can buy in bottle and dilute it and spray.

u can go to local fish area...they may give free carp fish..it is big fish, not many people eat them...u can use this fish to make compost.

if anybody need more tips... email me : myids10@gmail.com

i used chicken manure from local chicken farm, llama manure from my friend, compost from county recycle place, then horse manure. that is it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here