Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curry leaf plant is wilting

Posted by curry_leaf1 Ilinois (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 07 at 15:34

I live in Chicago. I have a curry leaf plant that's about 1 feet tall. I put the plant on the balcony in full sun. I leave it out at night also. I was watering every 5-6 days. I noticed the leaf were wilting and drooping so I've been watering every 2-3 days even though the soil was still wet. I've noticed it still wilting and now I've been watering every day for the past 2 days. Am I supposed to water every day even though the soil is wet? Also when am I supposed to fertilize? I was using the small spoon side on Miracle Gro in about a gallon of water(I didn't use the whole gallon for watering) almost every 7 days, but now I've stopped because the plant looks weak.
Any tips? Help!!!!!
I don't have any bugs or anything on my plants so I'm wondering why is my plant so weak and droopy?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curry leaf plant is wilting

Oh my! It sounds to me like you are obviously drowning your plant which is much worse than not watering because the likelieness of recovery is much less.

Stop watering for a week! Don't fertilize. Give your plant a break. The roots require oxygen equally as much as they require nutrients and water. The physical visual signs of drowning are identical to dehydration. The difference is that you're suffocating your plant. *If* it recovers, water only once a week!

o
more

I noticed the leaf were wilting and drooping so I've been watering every 2-3 days even though the soil was still wet. Don't ever water if your soil is already damp. Even if it's dry on top, it's probably moist underneath.

Take it out of full sun, put it in an area where it will get morning sun and afternoon shade to let it dry out and give it a chance to recover. Let it breathe and let us know how it goes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here