Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone with really dark green curry leaf plant ?

Posted by ani_t bellevue, wa (My Page) on
Sun, May 30, 04 at 17:31

Hi all,
I amm looking for a curry leaf plant with really dark green leaves. I found some leaves in the indian store which are not very dark green. The kin dI am looking for is super dark green- oily green smaller leavers.
Thanks
ani

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone with really dark green curry leaf plant ?

• Posted by Andy_SA South Australia (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 3, 04 at 18:19

The leaves go lighter the longer they are kept dried. Better to buy fresh leaves if you can, then stick them in the freezer. I find they keep their colour - and flavour - that way.

o

• Posted by ani_t bellevue, wa (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 4, 04 at 0:00

I agree, that happens, but I am talking about fresh leaves that I've seen here in the US. They are quite a few shades lighter and have bigger leaves than the ones I've known.

I read somewhere on gardenweb that there are two varieties- big leaf and with small leaf...

Thanks for the tip anyway. I desperately want to grow one. I know I probably wont find it in time to grow it this summer.

ani

o

ani_t,

I live in Phoenix AZ and i have a curry leaf plant, in winter i notice that the leaves are light green, not much growth, but come summer, they turn dark green and currently putting out a lot of new growth. I planted it three years ago in full sun, it was 10 inches long, now it is almost 6 ft tall. I got in from a nursery in San Diego.

o

• Posted by chaman U S east coast (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 5, 04 at 14:33

I agree with paperwhite.My curry leaf plant shows the same seasonal variation. I live in Marylnd which is cooler than AZ my plant sheds off some leaves and does not show any growth in winter.

chiman

o

where could i buy a plant?

o

• Posted by chaman U S east coast (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 6, 04 at 14:33

Pl.go to search section GW page and type the name of the plant.

chiman

o
I Bought curry plant and it is green and thriving RE: anyone with

Hi
I just recently bought a curry plant from Pacific Tropical Garden (808 896 5590) and its leaves are dark green and thriving in New Jersey.

o

There are several cultivars of Curry Plant(Murraya koenigii). One of the cultivar has dark green leaves with strong aroma and is fairly resistant to cold weather in Melbourne compared to light green ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here