Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
petsgive

chukkakura seeds

petsgive
13 years ago

dOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO BUY OR OBTAIN CHUKKA KURA - RUMEX VESCARIUS SEEDS?

EITHER HERE IN USA OR IN INDIA?

Comments (6)

• eswar
    13 years ago

Chukka Kura seeds.
    I do not know any source in US selling chukka Kura seeds. Last year seeds of India sold them for one year,
    Chukka Kura is propagated by its flowers. They have a tinny seed with in them.
    The seeds have a life span of year .There after the germination rates goes down rapidly.

They grow fast, 40 days, bolt quickly in hot sun, needs high nitrogen fertilizer.

I live in Alabama so I plant them in semi shade and uses Scots organic lawn fertilizer. This is the one proved to be useful for all leafy vegetables.
    Chukka kura and Ganagavali i.e. edible Purlane (the red gunner and Goldberg hybrids) are my favorites...
    I purchased the seeds from Ongole in the seed shops near RTC bus stand. They also have hybrid one year drum stick seeds, Hybrid papaya seeds and bush variety of Malabar spinach (not the type sold here- wine type)
    Called as kuduru bachali, little tastier than the wine type of Malabar spinach (basella Alba or rubra).

Last year some of the seeds got spoiled when I tried to dry the flowers of chukka Kura due to unexpected rain.
    I may have some seeds next month. Send me an e-mail.

• pavuluris
    13 years ago

I love Chukkakoora and i am very new to this forum. Can i please request for some seeds as well. I am just starting on vegetable gardening. I am in Los Angeles, CA.
    Thanks a lot,
    --Sireesha.

• padhu
    13 years ago

Guys i'm looking for chukkakura ,, since 3 yrs .. and indian grocery stores never get this veg ... i dont knw why ,,, somebody plz let me knw whr can i get this seeds appreciate help ..

• bunti
    13 years ago

Its not worth growing chukka kura.. I have been growing them for last 3 years. every time only seeds are comming up, very few tiny leaves are coming. which can be used for nothing.

I lost interest on it.

• seedssun
    13 years ago

Hello

Can you please send me some chukkakura seeds?
    i can send you dostaki seeds.

thanks

• seedssun
    13 years ago

Hello,

i got chukkakura. i can send u in exchange with any seeds.
    please email myids10@gmail.com
    looking for snake ground seeds viper and cobra seeds.

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional