Tue, Jun 28, 05 at 12:54

Kubota, can't see the pics.

Gora

o
RE: image taken just 2 weeks apart

• Posted by gora Z8B TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 28, 05 at 12:58

Now I can see them. Wow...
What happended to the person in the picture in two weeks? ;-)

Great looking garden. What are you feeding these plants?

Gora

o

Here's another photo taken June 26. I already have harvested a full bed of Daikon radishes that were planted on the end of May, leaving only the cherry tomatoes that I planted in the same bed. Today June 28, the tomatoes are reaching the tops of the cages. Where the Daikons used to be we have planted beans. There were more than 20 pounds of daikons harvested.

Behind that is Shanghai bai tsai (bok choy) and in front are some other Chinese cabbages. Way in the back you can see beds of Mizuna (Japanese mustard) and Asian cucumbers growing up the trellis.

I feed the garden with Espoma Garden Tone a mostly organic fertilizer. Since I irrigate with soaker hoses, I also feed the plants with Miracle Grow at 1/6 the normal concentration and give it to them every 1 or 2 days through the soaker hoses.

Here's another shot. The crop that is growing in the same bed as the tomatoes are a Chinese vegetable called spoon vegetable because when you pick them the end of the stalk is shaped like a spoon.

There are a lot more photos of the garden at my web site the link is here:

Here is a link that might be useful: My garden albums

o
Ooops pictures are pretty huge

They are a resolution of 2400 by 1800 pixels I thought it would scale down to smaller images.

o

• Posted by gora Z8B TX (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 29, 05 at 9:32

Great looking garden. Thanks for sharing.

o

i am impressed!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here