Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Asian Vegetables

Posted by parupudi 8/9a (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 14:07

Hi,

I have my Tomatoes, Peppers, Eggplant, Okra and Dosakai all on one vegetable bed next to each other.

My dilemma is - Tomatoes and Pepper do not need regular watering. They need deep watering 2x a week.

But eggplant, Okra and Dosakai need watering so that the plant doesn't dry up too much.

Here in houston it is too hot now in summer with 100F.And all these plants are on south side where they get full sun for 8hrs.

How should i balance out the watering requirements?
Will the tomato and pepper get effected if i water like every 2 days or so(but not deep)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Asian Vegetables

Hi, Is your garden in raised beds or just in a flat garden area?I live in Mo. and though we are not as hot yet as you are in Texas I would water both lightly each night or every other night as needed, so long as the soil doesn't get water logged everything should be alright. I really like eggplants , but have a hard time growing them because of flea beetles, what types of eggplants are you growing this year if I may ask?
George W. Z5-6 Mo.

o
RE: Asian Vegetables

My okra dosen't take that much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here