Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
propogation of curry leaf?

Posted by plantlover13 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 14:18

Hello, i have a question about the propogation of curry leaf. At the indian grocery i go too, i can only find curry leaves, as in, lust the leaf with the leaflets. no "stem" really. Can iroot these leaves and grow a new plant? i don't meanthe individual leaflets, i mean the group of leaflets. like in the link:

will this grow?

Here is a link that might be useful: what i have access to

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: propogation of curry leaf?

As a plant biologist, I would submerge the stem in synthetic hormone, Indole-3-butyric acid (IBA) before you plant the stem for a day or 5 to 6 hours. Best wishes,
Vaibhav

o

so,it is capable of regenerating?
Thanks for the advise.

o

I think so. IBA helps new root development.

o

I think so. IBA helps new root development.

o

THank you for your advise. i will try this now...

o

Hi,
Did it work? Any roots developed?

o

Unfortunately no, i may have done something wrong, will try again

o

no you did not do anything wrong. It is not possible to propagate with just the leaf. You can only propagate it via the suckers or seeds.

o

Thanks. Oh and blrhudugi, i got your email but am unable to reply. Unfortunately i cannot send anything, sorry. Most of my plants suffered this year and failed to grow. I don't have many seeds at all, i was hoping to be able to save some seeds from the plants i grew because i had a very limited quantity in the beginning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here