Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aaaaaaaa_gw

Good Asian Plant Nursery in NJ

aaaaaaaa
16 years ago

Hi,

I am looking for good Asian Plant Nursery in and around NJ. Any suggestions?

Mainly looking for

Jasminum azoricum

Jasminum beesianum

Jasminum grandiflorum

Jasminum simplicifolium subsp suavissimum

Jasminum polyanthum

Nyctanthes arbor-tristis

Lawsonia inermis (Mehndi)

I know many online sites --but with too expensive shipping charges.

Thanks

Comments (8)

• Violet_Z6
    16 years ago

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a nursery that caters to such a specific niche.

Your best bet is to inquire at the New Jersey Gardening Forum. And/or ask for those plants at the Plant Exchange Forum. You may be surprised at responses you'll get for who can send you a plant, certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

You can also go to The Garden Watchdog, particularly, this Search Page. Narrow the category by State.

• aaaaaaaa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks violet--appreciate your response.

• malinis
    16 years ago

I am ordering some plants from www.Bhatia-nurseries.com

i have not received any yet, i will let you know.

Yes i know shipping is expensive.they are located in New york, maybe you can drive & find out for yourself first hand.

i live in wisconsin so i have to have them shippied.

Did u have any luck with Nyctanthes arbor-tristis ? Bhatia has this plant (2.5" size is 10$) i understand it is a rare plant they are making available for us in USA. i am ordering jasmines right now . Seeds are available at bananatree but i have heard a few bad reviews about that site, their minimum order is 15$.so i will think about Nyctanthes arbor-tristis(parijat).

The other plant Lawsonia inermis (Mehndi), seeds are available at www.tradewindsfruit.com , they have no minimum to order & .25cents shipping per seed packet. that is WOW, i would say, they are a reputed company to order from.

If you email me ,we can keep in touch. thanks for your time. Malini.

• aaaaaaaa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Malini,
    I will email you.
    Thanks

• n_grower
    15 years ago

hi,
    i am a newbie here ,though its been a while i see that some of u ordered plants from bhatia nurseries, i am thinking of ordering some like curry leaf,tinda and some jasmines.i would like to know the quality of their plants.thanks .

• aaaaaaaa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I did order few plants from BN-like--Jasminum Sambac "Grand Duke Of Tuscany" (Butt Mograw), Piper Betle (Pan), Crossandra Infundibuliformis (Kanakambra), Rajanigundo Single Tuberose. Although I got what I wanted I am not satisfied with the plants. Jasminum is quite good. However, Pan--is almost at the verge to dying, Crossandra- did not survive and Tuberose did not produce flowers even after almost a year. I also visited BN few weeks ago and bought 'Ajmo'--is doing quite good. When I visited BN--it is not that impressive and feel plants are quite weak.
    I am not sure where you live--it is better for you to visit BN before ordering any plants--this is my opinion. Even 'Currey Leaf' plant looks very dull, where as at logee's and else where they look quite healthy. Hope this helps. As a person I am very particular with my plant collection and their healthÂI believe that good roots produce good plant.

aaaa

• n_grower
    15 years ago

thanks for ur reply, i live in mn, i will look for at logees.

• bipinengineer_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

Dear Bhatia:
    You have Plant show from May 23rd through June 11th. What is the location of the show. Give us complete address. Is it at
    river Edge, NJ?
    Thanks,
    Bipin Engineer

Sponsored