Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing snake gourd in containers

Posted by xman 7/8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 22:37

Hello,

Due to space limitations, I am wondering if I can grow snake gourd in large containers. These containers are 20 gallons. How many snake gourd plant can I grow in each container assuming I can grow them in containers?

Has anybody done this and have some advice?

thanks,
xman

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing snake gourd in containers

Yes, it would probably work. The vines can become enormous, 20 plus feet long, so you still will need a good area to grow it in. I would say a 20 gallon sized tub/container is about the minimum that would work, if you could do bigger it would be even better. I'd do no more than 2 in there. I'd actually say only one, but that gives you no back-up in case of a disaster at some stage.

Anything you can do to make sure it has all of the water and nutrients it needs in there is going to help tremendously. Best solution would be to set up some kind of automatic drip watering and use Osmocote and a constant liquid feed program.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here