Mor{{gwi:388312}}e

• chaman
    Original Author
    17 years ago

{{gwi:49657}}

• gora
    17 years ago

Chaman,
    Is that bitter melon in the last picture? Looks very healthy.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Gora

• chaman
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gora,
    Yes, last picture has Bitter melon in it.
    Middle one has Peanuts and Corn,and top one has Okra, Bell Peppers and Cluster beans (Guar).

• gora
    17 years ago

Oh..Peanuts.. love to grow them. Where did you order the seeds from? I want to try growing them in here in Houston.

Thanks,
    Gora

• Violet_Z6
    17 years ago

Gora,

I was lucky enough to stumble onto peanuts seedslings at our local farmer's market. Usually farm supply stores are more likely to carry peanut seed for planting. Check your yellow pages for feed/farm supply stores and call around and ask.

• chaman
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gora,
    I usually buy seeds from gurneys.com and parkseeds.com. This year I have planted some seeds that I bought from local Indian grocery store just for experimenting.
    You are in zone8B which is very good for growing peanuts. I am using Spanish kind peanuts which have shorter maturing time than Virginia Jumbo variety.

• chaman
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Zucchini

{{gwi:388316}}

Bitter melon

{{gwi:388317}}

Sweet potatoe

{{gwi:388318}}

Lima beans

{{gwi:388319}}

Tomato

{{gwi:388320}}

Hot Pepper

{{gwi:388321}}

Yard long bean

{{gwi:388322}}

Coccilla grandisor ( Tindora)

{{gwi:388323}}

• barbara_mel
    17 years ago

colar{{gwi:388324}}ds, cabbage, broc, swiss, chard, peppers strawberry's {{gwi:388326}}{{gwi:388327}}{{gwi:388329}}

• chaman
    Original Author
    17 years ago

barbara you have presented very pretty pics.I would like to add to it some close ups with male and female flowers from my garden.

Male and female flowers of bitter melon.top one is female and bottam one is male flower.

{{gwi:85826}}

Male and female flowers of Zucchini.Female flower is on right side.

{{gwi:41000}}

• barbara_mel
    17 years ago

Chaman I would like to see some pics of your sweet potatoes and peanuts in the fall after you dig them if you don't mind. I tried sweet potatoes once. I think I planted them in too late also the deer kept feasting on the leaves. I got small taters. I also want to try peanuts never planted them before.
    Mel

• chaman
    Original Author
    17 years ago

barbara,
    I will post the pics. as soon as they are ready.

• chaman
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Now that Egg plants are ready for harvesting I am posting these pics. from my plants to share with you.

Egg plants

{{gwi:388333}}

{{gwi:388336}}

• chaman
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Mel,
    Due to cold weather I had to pull out Sweetpotato vines from the pots little earlier.Sleeves were planted little late this year. Still the tubers are large enough for use but not as large as last year.

Vine in the pot
    {{gwi:388339}}

Sweet potato from the pot

{{gwi:388342}}

• barbara_mel
    17 years ago

The sweet potatoes look great chaman.
    The flesh looks white will that change once cured or is that the variety you planted.
    Thank you
    Mel

• chaman
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Mel,
    I had bought the Sweet potato from a local organic food market(it's name is Common Market) before two years.I do not remember the name of the variety.Sweet potatoes harvested last year were used to produce slips for planting this summer.

• chaman
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Mel,
    Here are some peanut pics. to share with you.

Harvested peanut plant.

{{gwi:105868}}

Peanuts harvested from plants

{{gwi:388346}}

• padma_2009
    14 years ago

Hi Chaman

I have joined the club two days ago and I am very impressed with you garden pics. I would love to be able to get some ideas from you. I live in Phoenix, Arizona.

Padma

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living