Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Urgent Help on Curry Tree

Posted by akhanmayo none (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 4, 13 at 3:16

My family brought a curry tree from Pakistan. the plant had very little soil, enough to cover the roots of the plant. It has been out of soil for two days before it managed to find a home. after a couple of days the plant leaves have started to dry out, the base of the stem is looking pale green, please help me revive and save this plant...what shall i do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Urgent Help on Curry Tree

Get well-draining soil, cactus or citrus soil from Miracle-Gro is fine http://www.walmart.com/ip/Miracle-Gro-Cactus-Palm-and-Citrus-Soil-8-qt/19398659

Get a moisture meter from Amazon or something http://www.amazon.com/Indoor-Outdoor-Moisture-Sensor-monitor/dp/B005T4720I

Plant the plant in rather large planter with the soil mentioned above and water it well so that the soil is moist (NOT wet). Leave it in open sun as long as the temperatures are more than 60F (presuming you live in the US) and you should be all set. Before watering the plant, use the moisture meter to check if the soil is dry or on lower spectrum of moist and water accordingly.

Too much of water will worsen the situation as the roots will rot (if the soil is not well-drained enough).

It will take LONG time for it to grow, first couple of years are critical.

Good Luck

One off question, how did they get the plant across the border? I tried to get it from India and they confiscated it because I do not have an import license.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here