Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xman_gw

Parwal: How to tell if male or female

xman
11 years ago

Hello,

I have a few parwal plants that are a couple of months old, is there anyway to tell which is male or female? or do I have to wait till they flower?

Parwal Plants

{{gwi:388552}}

thanks,

xman

Comments (61)

• harsha zone5b
    8 years ago

So i tried growing tindora from store brought one. foudn tindora that was ripe so thought may be i can sprout the seeds. tried waiting for more than 60 days no luck.

Xman do you know anyone that i can get the cutting from? I will pay the postage price. I want to grow it this summer.

• niruvilas
    8 years ago

i am also interested to grow Larval plant if you know now that its growing good please let us know or share the plant with me if you have extra i will pay for it I'm in FL Thanks Vilas

• niruvilas
    8 years ago

Parval plant to grow not Larval sorry computer did spell check on me Vilas

• more200201
    7 years ago

HI xman, did your kantola plant bear any kantola? I've heard kantola can be grown via bulbs only.

• Radha Santhapuri
    7 years ago

Hi,I have Tindora plants for sale for $15 + shipping and handling.

• patelmridula
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hi Xman do you take kantola plant in door in winter? I left my out in ground & they died. I am in TX too

• arindam_basu_sarkar
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I want to plant parwal. Can anybody supply me one male and a few female plants/cuttings please? I shall pay for the plants + shipping.

• mansoon
    6 years ago

hi , i have parwal grown from seeds . they are now 2 to 3 years old but none of them has flowered. can anyone tell me how to get the plant to flower.

• kathyvakamudi
    6 years ago

Kathy.V

I can provide as many cuttings from my plant ,but it is a female plant can any one spare a cutting from male plant. for exchange for female tindora, , bitter gourd seeds, or dosakai seeds.

• niruvilas
    6 years ago

Hi Kathy I have male plant no flowers, I can send you cutting from that, if you provide me your femail cuttings in exchange, let me know, I live in west palm beach FL where do you live

• kathyvakamudi
    6 years ago

I definitely send you healthy mature stems as well as thin stems you can root. I live St.louis. provide me address to ship to. Great timing weather wise to start cuttings.

• niruvilas
    6 years ago

here is my niruvilas@rcn.com send me yours and I will send the address Thanks

• Da Desai
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I would like parval and kantola cuttings. Will pay thanks.i am in Tx.

• kathyvakamudi
    6 years ago

parval cuttings yes, kantola grow from seeds, don't propagate from cuttings.

• niruvilas
    6 years ago

Hi kathyvakamudi, what happen I am waiting for your reply(email) so i can send the cuttings please let me know Thanks Vilas

• junaid123
    6 years ago

Hi Kathy

Appreciate the tindora cuttings

I could share curry leaf seeds ( this is the indian plant)

my email is maharashtrian@yahoo.com

JAY

• junaid123
    6 years ago

Appreciate padwal and krishna tulsi cuttings from someone, willing to send curry leaf plant seeds

• kathyvakamudi
    6 years ago

thulasi plant will not grow from cuttings, only seeds, I have plenty just sprinkle the seeds on soil,then lightly sprinkle soil on top of the seeds so they don't get washed off, germinates in 3-4 days.

• junaid123
    6 years ago

Thanks Kathy

DO u think u can share a few tindora cuttings

• kathyvakamudi
    6 years ago

sure give me e mail and address

• junaid123
    6 years ago

Hi Kathy

Can u ping me at maharashtrian@yahoo.com. I can mail the address

I can also share with u the plants I have

Appreciate it

Jay

• Radha Santhapuri
    6 years ago

Hi Junaid, I have tindora cuttings what plants you have ?

• Jigar patel
    6 years ago

Hi Kathy,

I have a mature two year old male Parval plant which has been flowring very well in Dallas. I had a female plant which products two fruits and died. I am happy to share male cuttings and would appreciate female cutting. I also have Kantola male and female but they are dormant now. I can share the roots / tubers next year.

I would also like to know how everyone and you have been protecting the tubers / roots of Parval ? My parval came back on its own in Dallas and i had not protected it at all but i want to do something for Kantola plant.

Thanks

Jigar

• niruvilas
    6 years ago

Hi Jigar, I believe I have one Parval plant grown from seed from last 2 years , nice vine and get lots of white flys and i had to cut it but again it grows back no flowers, Kathy has Tindola not Parval I did sent her my Tindora plant to her, her was not giving her fruit, I f you can share with me Parval and Kantola I will send you Tindora Plant if you need, I am in Fl My name is Vilas Shah

• kathyvakamudi
    6 years ago

Kathy,

Hi Jigar,i

I live in Midwest I take several cuttings slightly woody branches about 18 inches long and dig out the tubers and save the tubers in a pot full of soil , stick the cuttings in the same soil about 1/3 the length into the soil and leave it in my basement until spring. I did this 3 weeks ago and already see tiny new shoots, if they grow they will be weak and limpy, I pinch of the branches. it will not hurt the growth.

Kathy

• junaid123
    6 years ago

Hi Jigar

read a few of the blogs and was wondering if I could get the cuttings for parval and kantola. A great deal of Friends in the SF Bay area would be very thankful to u if we can get a cutting and then we all share it from that. Also what would u appreciate in return plz let us know

• kathyvakamudi
    6 years ago

sure but you have to wait till june /july to get good branches, well enough to give new roots and new shoots.

• niruvilas
    6 years ago

Hi Jigar

this is Vilas i also love to have some cuttings for Prval and Kantola if you can share , i live in west palmFL if you need something else from here I can always send it to you please let me know Thanks

• Pratima Patel
    6 years ago

Anybody have purple taro roots.?

• ukrishna100
    6 years ago

Hi - can anyone spare tindora cuttings or tubers - Male & Female. I live in S.Florida - and have plants for curry leaves, startfruit and Indian Boarage/ Kalpuravalli to trade. Also have moringa tree cuttings

• niruvilas
    6 years ago

send me your address and Iwill share with you Tindora Vilas

• ukrishna100
    6 years ago

Thanks -my address is 2705 Edegwwater Court Weston FL 33332

• ukrishna100
    6 years ago

Forgot to mention - also looking for parwal cuttings. Please check above to see if any of my plants are of interest. Was wondering if parwal is as easy to grow as tindora - or are they both tricky because of the male female plants needed

• junaid123
    6 years ago

Hi Niruvilas

Would it be possible to get the tindora cuttings

Would appreciate it a lot

• Sunny Patel
    5 years ago

Hi Radha Santhapuri and Niruvilas can you send some kantola and parval and tindora roots ,vilas i will pay for them and for shipping also. i live in nj have nice greenhouse in backyard. my email is Queen13@comcast.net

• Salam Quazi
    5 years ago

Can I get some male and female parwal cutting root please, I will pay the cost and shipping, thanks

• indianveggieplanter
    5 years ago

I need parwal cutting male and female both and also kantola bulb. If anybody do please share. I will pay for cutting and bulbs + shipping as well.

• divya suseela
    5 years ago

I need Parval cuttings male and female both.I can share Spine gourd or Kantola seeds once I receive them.Or Ridge gourd/Bottle Gourd/Snake Gourd/Guar seeds .I will pay for Cutting+shipping as well.TIA

• HU-733741641
    5 years ago

Hi
    kathyvakamudi could you please send me a cutting of a male Tindora plant ? I have one and it produced lot of flowers and bud drop so assuming it is a Female plant ?

I can pay for shipping etc. My email is jvgarden68@gmail.com

I live in Northern California zone 9b so can start growing any time.

Thank you

• Naushad Ansari
    5 years ago

Hello Xman.

My slef Naushad From mumbai india. I am doing farming in parwal in inda 20 Acer. So i want talk to you abojt the parwal. So please provide your number. My numbar is +917618610708

Thanks.

Regards.

Naushad Ansari.

• Madhuri Das
    3 years ago

Hi,

I am looking for Parwal cutting or roots. Can anyone help me how can I get those? my contact number is 2156924588

• junaid123
    3 years ago

Hi Everybody,

I am still searching for the kantola (spiny gourd ) and the parval ( (pointed gourd) plants - roots and tubers

Appreciate if someone can help -

also u can let me know if u r looking for some specific plants and I may be able to barter

U can reach me at maharashtrian@yahoo.com

Thank u

• niruvilas
    3 years ago

I tried growing Parval from seed, vine is doing good but no flowers, so i have no idea how its going to work keep you inform if something change

• niruvilas
    3 years ago

i have a huge plant of Gunda (Lesoda,Chordia Dichotoma, tree, this is the first year i got flowered, but Berrty(Gunda) is too small and get riped, does not get bigger like indian Gunda pickel please if any one has this plant guide me, should I wait one more year for fruit it will get bigger? please let me know Thanks Vilas

• junaid123
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Hi Vilas, did u grow multiple seeds, as one may not be enough for the fruiting.

• Amit Parmar
    3 years ago

Hi fellow gardeners.. this is Amit Parmar. I am trying tindora, parval and kantola since 3 yrs. Only last year they successfully germinated. But flowers didn't fruit as all female plants. Didn't realize to save tubers till it was too late. I live in Columbus, Ohio. I can pay if someone can send me tubers/cuttings of male and female plants.

My id is amithparmar@gmail.com. thank you in advance.

• HU-735131985
    3 years ago

Hi Xamn do you think the parwal plant not for New York ? If I plant in the garden in the winter it will totally dead or it will start growing on spring or summer? Or you want me only in the bucket and when winter came bring inside room

Please let me know. Thanks.

smtugril@gmail.com

• Jaishree Gandhi
    3 years ago

Do we have to grow 2 seeds in 1 hole how we will now which one is male and female.

• Shaheda Yeasmeen
    2 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I bought Kantola (spine gourd ) seeds from someone and tried most of the seeds (about 16 seeds) but none of those were germinated. My dad used to grow this plant and to my knowledge it grows from tubers and it is a perennial plant.

If any one has the tuber or plants can I have it please. I don't mind to pay. I also can share seeds if anyone needs. I have green and red amaranth seeds, roselle seeds and jute plants seeds.

Thank you everyone.

My email address is devpahar74@gmail.com

• HU-93565646
    2 years ago

Hi want to buy parval femal starter plant. don’t want a plant which is growing from seeds. if anyone have please reply.

Sponsored