Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this vegetable?

Posted by ktot MT (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 12:07

Is it possible to post a photo of a vegetable? I bought this at a farmers market but don't remember what the name is. It may be an Asian veggie or may not. The name on the sign was two words, the first being two or three syllables, the second one syllable with five letters--something like shake or choke or... I'll post a photo if someone will tell me how (I don't see an attachment option on this screen). It's probably a good 2 feet tall, with the top leaves longer than the bottom root. The bottom root looks rough like a kohlrabi but long like a parsnip (though cylindrical, not pointed at the bottom--but it's whitish). The top is long pointed leaves that are smooth and a medium dark green. The man said both the top and bottom are edible and may be eaten cooked or raw. (The bottom part needs to be peeled first of course.) Any ideas what this may be? And again, if there's a way to post a photo, I'll gladly do so.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this vegetable?

My guess would be a daikon radish. Something like this?

Here is a link that might be useful: Daikon radish

o
RE: What is this vegetable?

Another thought is Lo Bok, similar to the Daikon....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here