Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eat Pumpkin on a stick?

Posted by nancylp 5 - MI (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 21, 10 at 20:02

I am growing Solanum integrifolium; Pumpkin on a stick; this year for the first time. currently many are ripening. I grew them mainly for decoration but since I have so many I was wondering if you can eat them. Have you eaten them?
thanks, Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eat Pumpkin on a stick?

Have you tried to google the answer. It comes right up.

Here is a link that might be useful: article & Great Picture.

o

Thanks and I have done a lot of searching and have actually read that page.
I guess I was just hoping to find someone who has actually eaten them.

o

I have, I have. They're not bad. Some kinds are more bitter than others as they age. Basically, just an eggplant. Younger is better, as with any eggplant.

o

Thanks letting me know that someone has eaten them. I had read that I should let them ripen before eating and you're saying, denninmi, that maybe younger is better? Or let them turn red-orange but not harden? how did you fix them?

o

Hi we eat the fruit... I have attached the picture of the fruit. It has a bitter taste.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here