Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a vietnamese plant called La Cam

Posted by fragrantgardener01 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 7, 08 at 1:22

I bought a plant called La Cam last week and was told that the leaves are used to color rice. The water is a lovely shade of pink red after a few leaves are thrown in and boiled. I would like to know either the English name or the botanical name of this plant so I can check for toxicity before eating them. Thank you.

FG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a vietnamese plant called La Cam

According to the link below, La Cam is Magenta Plant, Peristrophe roxburghiana.

Here is a link that might be useful: La Cam

o

Thank you so much, solanum.

Happy growing.
FG

o

Hi FG,
I am not sure if you are still an active member of GW. If you are, I would like to conduct a trade with you for your La Cam (magenta plant) either a cutting or a rooted plant. I am not sure if you still have your plant since your posting has been 4 years ago.
I have many herbal and exotic plants that I can trade with you. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Cindy

o

Hello Cindy,

I have Ca Lam in my yard if you are still interested. I would love to trade for something you have.

ZoeMom

o

Hello Cindy,

I have Ca Lam in my yard if you are still interested. I would love to trade for something you have.

ZoeMom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here