Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Taste of Asia spinach seeds

Posted by zackey GA 8b (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 15:36

I bought a pack of Taste of Asia rounded leaf spinach seeds today at Ace hardware. It was buy one get one free. Have you ever grown them? I don't have luck with regular spinach seeds. I know someone recommended I buy plants of them, but I don't think they sell them here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Taste of Asia spinach seeds

I tried them last year. Germination rate was really low compared to other spinach seeds. Didn't get to grow them all the way to the end. Replowed, and planted something else.

Since the germ rate was low, try overseeding. It may work out for you.

o

Thanks for the info. Did you cold stratify the seeds?

o

No, just planted them out of the package, in ground.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here