Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoa Thien Ly

Posted by alpharetta z7, atlanta, GA (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 8, 06 at 16:32

Yo all,

Where could I get the hoa Thien Ly plants in US? My parents used to grow lot of hoa thien ly in Vietnam. It smell so good at night, and we cook with the flowers with beef or cook the soup...

As for Vietnamese people , there are song named "Gian Thien Ly", which is transalated from a English song,, but I forget the name... Anyone recall?

Thanks
Alpharetta

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoa Thien Ly

Alpharetta, I decided to take a wild shot at this . . . Is this plant also known as a Tonkin Jasmine?

The only plant perhaps vaguely like this that I have any familiarity with is a Plumeria that I have owned and cared for over nearly 10 years - almost our only house plant (ventures outdoors every Summer).

Flora Exotica has what they identify as "Tonkin Jasmine, Tonkin Creeper, Pakalana vine, Telosoma, Thien Ly."

This company is in Montreal, Quebec but they claim that, "we ship everywhere in North America and around the world."

Really, I don't know if this is what you are looking for but for want of a more knowledgeable responder . . . here's wishing you the best of luck.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: Flora Exotica fragrant plants

o
RE: Hoa Thien Ly

The English song is "Scarborough fair". Digit got it right for the English name of Hoa Thien Ly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here