Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alpharetta_gw

Hoa Thien Ly

alpharetta
17 years ago

Yo all,

Where could I get the hoa Thien Ly plants in US? My parents used to grow lot of hoa thien ly in Vietnam. It smell so good at night, and we cook with the flowers with beef or cook the soup...

As for Vietnamese people , there are song named "Gian Thien Ly", which is transalated from a English song,, but I forget the name... Anyone recall?

Thanks

Alpharetta

Comments (4)

• digit
    17 years ago

Alpharetta, I decided to take a wild shot at this . . . Is this plant also known as a Tonkin Jasmine?

The only plant perhaps vaguely like this that I have any familiarity with is a Plumeria that I have owned and cared for over nearly 10 years - almost our only house plant (ventures outdoors every Summer).

Flora Exotica has what they identify as "Tonkin Jasmine, Tonkin Creeper, Pakalana vine, Telosoma, Thien Ly."

This company is in Montreal, Quebec but they claim that, "we ship everywhere in North America and around the world."

Really, I don't know if this is what you are looking for but for want of a more knowledgeable responder . . . here's wishing you the best of luck.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: Flora Exotica fragrant plants

• MrZero
    11 years ago

The English song is "Scarborough fair". Digit got it right for the English name of Hoa Thien Ly.

• w_rose77
    7 years ago

I really want to buy this plant for my house too. If any one knows, please let me know.

• Violet_Z6
    7 years ago

Telosma cordata

You can buy it here:

http://www.pernellgerver.com/tonkinjasmine.htm