Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SOS Yard long bean leaves turned yellow

Posted by JCTsai 8B - Yulee, FL (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 19:28

I have not started to harvest yet, some of the leaves turned yellow already? Can someone help? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SOS Yard long bean leaves turned yellow

Overwatered?

o

Need fertilizer?

o

• Posted by JCTsai 8B - Yulee, FL (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 18:31

Thank you all, will do more research next year. If you plant garlic in your garden, after harvest and plant other vegetable in the same place, it will grow well. May be garlic spray will work well.

o

Yellowing may indicate:

--- Too much water
--- Not enough Nitrogen
--- Not enough Light

Or any combination of those.

o

Hi: I had the leaf yellowing happen when I grew my yard long beans this summer. I did get some beans but eventually the entire plant yellowed and died. It started from the bottom up, with the leaves yellowing and falling off. I had used the soil for growing cukes the year before and that may have been a cause. The beans I grew in other containers grew marvelously, they were also a different breed. Try new soil and different breed of seeds and see what happens. (I also live in FL!)

o

For Florida, I would recommend the variety "3-feet-plus" (from Evergreen Y.H.). It was sent to me by a trader from Florida, where it had done well. Through an accidental observation, I might have found out why - it seems to have some resistance to salt in the soil. I planted it on a plot where a pool had been drained previously, and other yardlongs (and other vegetables) had languished... "3-feet-plus" produced heavily. The beans are very firm in texture, and have good flavor.

o

• Posted by JCTsai 8B - Yulee, FL (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 20:36

Bean Growing Problems: Troubleshooting

http://www.harvesttotable.com/2009/05/bean_growing_problems_troubles/

found this article Today

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here