Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Peanut Pics. from my garden

Posted by chaman z7MD (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 26, 06 at 13:39

Hello Mel,
I have some Peanut Pics. from my garden to share with you and fellow gardeners.
Every one in my family love boiled green peanuts.Here in Maryland we have to harvest matured green peanuts before cold sets in,otherwise it will kill the peanut plants.Pods with matured seeds are harvested, cleaned, and boiled for consumption. Adding salts in boiling peanuts give very apetizing taste.Some of them are frozen to eat later in the year.

Peanut plants dug out from the garden.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Harvested Peanuts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Peanut Pics. from my garden

Fabulous. I have to harvest my peanuts this week too.

How do you like to prep them for freezing? Do you par boil them first?

o

Yes, we boil the peanuts for about 15 minitues, cool and freeze.For better taste some salt and oregano seeds or flakes are added while they are boiled.Boiling time is not very critical.Boil the nuts till the seeds becomes softer.
We harvest green pods with matured seeds.If the pods are on the dry side you may have to boil little longer.

o

Hello chaman
The peanuts look great. I am told that my grandfather grew peanuts here in Ohio. So I think our growing season is long enough. don't think I tried them boiled that way but we do oven roast them.
It is a pleasure looking at all the fine pics you provide. Makes my garden season seem to last a little bit longer.
Thank you
Mel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here