Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
georgew79

Korean Watermelon Baksubak up date

georgew79
14 years ago

Hi everyone this is a follow up on my Korean watermelons, I was able to get most of the varieties i was looking for the best turned out to be one called Baksubak which was very sweet and shaped like a football, the skin or rind was very thin so much in fact that you could peel it like a banana. the only problem was that it like the others would split open if it got to much water while it was getting ripe. In fact I had one explode on a hot day just after it had rained hard and everything really got soaked. I was out in the garden getting some of my eggplants when it went off and it went off with a loud pop. They will split open if mishandled also.

None of them are resistant to any of the diseases we have here in Missouri. I didn't try and keep them from crossing so none of my seeds that I keept are from pure stock. I want to find some good sweet watermelons fron Vietnam or Thialand which have wetter and more humid seasons, so if any of you can help me out please drop me a line at my Yahool address, epecially if you happen to live in Vietnam or Thialand as I'm very interested in growing authenic vegetables from those countries. Well I hope you all had a great season.

George W.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor