Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Browning leaves

Posted by Lulubelle23 none (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 4:40

As a new vegetable grower on a small farm in South Africa this is my first attempt at Asian vegetables. The pak choi and tat soi plants were doing well up until 2-3 days ago when the leaves suddenly started going brown. I thought it might be downy mildew so I treated with a Burgundy mixture spray but this has not stopped the "rot". Does any one have any idea of what could be causing the problem. There are other brassicas planted nearby and they are all fine.
(The colours in the picture are not exacly the same as the true colours)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Browning leaves

A second plant

o

This is one of the leaves I removed from a plant.

o

It always helps us if you describe what you're doing as to water & fertilizer; during what sort of temperature; and if in open ground, shade house or greenhouse.

Rather than disease, I suspect environmental glitches. For instance, the second picture looks like damage from excessively bright light. Perhaps the plants need some light shade?

The other two pictures could also be environmental. Perhaps ran short of water even though temporarily?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Asian Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here