Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rhododendron 'Alexander'

Posted by dlbk 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 17:12

I'm having an issue with an azalea in a garden I maintain and hope someone can help. This azalea is approx. 20 years old and situated on the east side of the home, at the end of a perennial bed and the top of a stone wall. It gets full sun until 12:30-1:00pm and then is shaded by mature hemlocks the remainder of the day. It has full air circulation.
What happens, is almost every spring leaf drop occurs towards the center of the plant, but only in a couple areas, and mostly just one (towards the front, in the full shot). Someone thought it might be a mold issue, and I treated for that, but it keeps occurring. The remainder of the plant is very healthy beautiful in bloom.

[IMG]http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj503/dlbk/AzaleaAlexander_close.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj503/dlbk/AzaleaAlexander_full.jpg[/IMG]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rhododendron 'Alexander'

Photobucket

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here