Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gtob_gw

Newbie with questions about dwarf azaleas

gtob
18 years ago

Hello,

This is my first post and I am new to gardening. I recently saw some beautiful dwarf azaleas at Home Depot in the following colors: (1) coral, multi-petaled rose looking variety, 2) white variety, 3) and variegated salmon and white flowers. I bought all three and have planted them in a 2.5 foot wide planter which borders along the entire front of my home in increments of 2 feet. (The more I read, the more I realize that I may have a potential disaster on my hands, so I am trying to identify each species) I am in zone 9b, just west of Tampa, Florida. Here are my questions:

1. I have had trouble pinning down the exact species of each plant using only the online descriptions of the many varieties. Can anyone help me identify exactly which species I am working with (or which variety are offered at HD)?

2. Currently, each plant is approximately 1.5 feet tall by 10 inches wide. I'm aiming to form them into a lose hedge inside the planter, but is it going to take at least 10 years for them to mature? I can't identify the species, so I do not even know the max height and width of these plants...or if they are even appropriate for where I live.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (4)

Sponsored