Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wild Yellow Ground Cover Blooming in Zone 4

Posted by snasxs 7-8 VA (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 7, 12 at 0:24

Check here and here

The yellowish things on road side are not trash. They are blooms of this Rhododendron.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wild Yellow Ground Cover Blooming in Zone 4

More images:

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 8, 12 at 9:31

Beautiful!
I had always thought that the lighter colored Rhododendrons like yellow, were an understory shrub or tree in their natural environment. So much for that thought!
Thanks Snasxs.
Any idea of the location?
Mike

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 8, 12 at 10:17

I can't read the language on the website, can anyone identify, know the name?

o

The pictures from the second post are for public high school students. The location is the Changbai Mountain Range (Russian Vostochno-Manchzhurskie gory) located in North China. I know the species name. But I believe there are people on here who know it without me telling.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 10, 12 at 16:45

The other website will of course have written across photos there in that language Mor can't read so as to protect their ownership of the images from unauthorized use.

o

bboy, a link to their site and picture is not unauthorized use.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 11, 12 at 12:14

Doesn't account for all the other unattributed photos you keep posting. You often don't even say what you are showing, at least not at first - whatever the forum rules and pertaining copyright laws are, it's just simple courtesy to say what a picture is and where it came from.

o

bboy, you have acknowledged that there is no copy right infringement in this thread. Therefore, you have two posts off topic in this thread now. What is the relative forum rules on off topic attacks?

o

Well, just like hemorrhoids, there are some annoyances you just have to live with.

I appreciate your contributions to this forum, snasxs.

o

still kris, thank you for your kind notes. I have a lot of respect for bboy. I am half joking with him.

o

Rhododendron aureum
A lovely, tiny and cold-hardy Rhododendron.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here