Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lawnkid

Looking for pink

lawnkid
16 years ago

I am looking for a pink flowering azalea, evergreen with attractive foliage to form a globular hedge.

I saw a beautiful azalea at Lowes yesterday, Rosebud azalea, but I resisted the temptation of buying it. She was full of blooms, very dense and with a compact round shape.

Does anybody have this azalea in central NJ?

How the plant performs?

I wanted to find more information first. You know how it is, you see the plant in bloom and you canÂt resist get it. Few months later you might see the plant get sick and die. I learned my lesson the hard way and this time I want to be careful before I waste money.

Nurseries tend to bring plants suitable for the area, but you have to double check. I have being getting azaleas and rhodys for the last year or so. I lost two to the winter and some leave brown disease. I have consulted the American rhododendron society site, where they list proven performers. I have obtained plant listed as proven performer in hope they will stand a better chance of thriving. Rosebud is not on this list, but that does not necessarily means is not good.

I will appreciate feedback.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner