Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are Azalea's still in season?

Posted by parupudi 8/9a (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 07 at 10:33

Hi,

I have 2 types of Azalea's in my flower bed. One is the Hinode-giri Pink Azalea and the other is Snow White with large petals.

The white ones did bloom covering up the whole plant a week ago and now they are all gone. I am wondering if they will bloom again or are they done for the season? When is their next season? Do i need to fertilize them or prune them now?

The pink ones are still blooming. But i see that there are not many new buds.

I have pictures of these but i have no clue on how to attach images here.

Thanks
Pavani

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are Azalea's still in season?

These two bloom once each spring. They sometimes sport (open a couple buds) during the fall or winter.

There are a group of azaleas called Encore Azaleas that bloom in the spring and then start blooming again in summer. They are grown mainly in the SE USA.

Here is a link that might be useful: Encore Azalea

o
RE: Are Azalea's still in season?

ok, here are the 2 pictures of my Azalea's. I am not really sure if they fall under Encore variety or not. Can you please tell me?

Thanks
Pavani

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink Azalea

o
RE: picture of Azalea's

Here is the link to the Snow White(that's is what i think) Azalea

Here is a link that might be useful: Snow White Azalea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here