Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skorpio1313

Help save my azaleas

skorpio1313
15 years ago

I hope this posted isnt too late.... My husband purchased 2 beautiful azaleas from the local farmers market. The lady who was selling them told him to make sure he bought some lime and mix into the soil, before planting, which we did. About 3 weekend ago, we went out and planted them. We dug nice big holes, sprinkled some of the lime into the hole and placed the bushes in there. They are located about 1 1/2-2 feet from the house and the soil has a lot of clay in it. We built the house about 4 years ago and it's that fill dirt and foundation dirt. I don't know what to do now...I watered them religiously everyday for the first 2 weeks and then last weekend I put some Miracle Grow for azaleas on them. They just don't look so good. The leaves are drooping terribly on one, and the other has some new growth, but it just doesn't look healthy. Should I be thinking about digging them and replanting in better soil. After the fact, I thought to myself, I should've dug bigger holes and mixed some potting or topsoil into the hole, but I didn't do that. Any suggestions here? I am not very experienced at gardening and keeping plants, bushes and trees alive and I don't want to kill these plants!! Help me please!?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting