Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color azaleas with Jap. maple & pink dogwood?

Posted by lceh 7 Central VA (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 07 at 13:09

When we bought our house we inherited a big, gorgeous Japanese maple with burgundy foliage; a large pink dogwood; and hot pink azaleas, all in the front yard. When they're all going at once in the spring they clash like crazy. I'm planning to move the hot pink azaleas to the back yard, but I'd like some azaleas in the front yard too, just in a color that complements rather than clashes with the burgundy and dogwood-pink. I'm thinking maybe a pale blush pink? Or a pale pink with a white throat? (I don't like white because they look so awful when the blooms die.) If anyone can recommend a big, not-finicky, evergreen azalea that you think might work, please let me know!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color azaleas with Jap. maple & pink dogwood?

Can't go wrong with white.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here