Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haylokitteh

Follow up to "Azaleas always die on me"

HayloKitteh
11 years ago

I still don't know why my azaleas are dying. Someone mentioned that it may be because they were forced to bloom to look prettier so people would buy them. WELL! Now I know not to buy just the prettiest one...All of the flowers died, but the leaves look okay right now. Not the best condition but "okay". I decided maybe the roots were matted or clumped up because when I transplanted it I was afraid that if I used too much force with un-matting the roots that it would kill the plants. Now everyone's telling me don't be afraid to get down and dirty with the roots. So i took the azalea out and fixed up its roots so they are loose and pretty now. I replanted them and nothing happened. I got tired of looking at the ugly dead blooms so I gently pinched them off. Well it was really "pinched" because ass soon as I touched them they basically fell off on their own.

Around this exact time last year I was on bed rest because of my pregnancy and my Sister-in-Law bought me an azalea from Vons. I put it in my window sill and it thrived! It was so, so beautiful. No imperfection at all. About a month later it had doubled in size so I transplanted it and it died. *SIGH* Azaleas mean a lot to me now because I had it throughout my pregnancy...that in the end, ended in premature labor.

I really, really don't know what to do anymore. It hurts my heart to walk out my front door and see the plants looking so sad....I just want it to be as pretty and thriving as the one in my window was.

Comments (5)

Sponsored